Under the direct supervision of the Manufacturing supervisor, this position will operate sewing machine to join, gather, hem, or reinforce materials. The Industrial Sewer will ensure quality metrics are met while working to meet or exceed CMC’s manufacturing standards.
- All facets of set-up and operation of industrial sewing machine.
- Guide parts under needle following edges, seams, and guides on machine bed or markings on part.
- Sew to Production Sample (which is the CMC Standard) Observe stitching to detect defects and notify either the Manufacturing Supervisor or Sewing Lead when defects are caused by machine malfunction or sewer error.
- Select, cut and organize sewing supplies such as binding, webbing, cord, tape, or thread according to specifications or color of material as stated on the Work Order.
- Maintain raw material, work in process and finished products in a neat and orderly manner.
- Cut excess thread or material. Oil machines.
- Inspect product during production to ensure the highest quality.
- Construct products as specified by the Work Order, samples and patterns.
- Organize, clean and maintain workstations as assigned.
- Work in collaboration with other employees and coordinate the sharing of equipment as needed.
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned by manufacturing management as necessary.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must have experience in industrial sewing including the use of industrial sewing machines. Heavy stitching experience a plus
- Ability to follow Product Guides and interpret work orders including a variety of instructions
- Ability to track time in Time & Attendance system as well as ERP system with minimal errors
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally to management, and co-workers required
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and experience)
- High School Diploma or a valid work permit
- Minimum of two years’ experience in industrial sewing preferred