Rope Rescue Technician I/II
Covers NFPA 1006 Chapter 5 (Rope Rescue) Operations and Technician level skills.
Rope Rescue Technician I/II provides an intensive 40-hour high-angle rescue class that teaches skills required by fire departments, mountain, and industrial rescue teams.
- Equipment selection
- Inspection and maintenance
- Patient packaging
- Mechanical advantage systems
- Belay techniques (including traditional or “slack” belays, tensioned belays, and the use of Twin Tensioned Rope Systems)
- Lowering systems
- Knot passing through rappels
- Raising and lowering systems; system safety factors
- Litter rigging and tending
- Practical application is taught through scenarios drawn from actual rescue experiences
- CMC School Certificate of Completion
- CMC Rope Rescue Technician Manual
- CMC Rope Rescue Technician Field Guide
- CMC Shirt
- CMC Patch
NOTE: Your spot is not guaranteed until you are contacted by the CMC School confirming your enrollment. The CMC School administrator will contact you 45 days before the start date to confirm the class will be held as scheduled. We strongly suggest that you do not make any travel arrangements before that time, as classes are subject to cancellation.
EARLY $1379 when registered and paid 45 days in advance
REGULAR $1429 when registered less than 45 days in advance
Limited to 16 students. We emphasize hands-on instruction and encourage participation by everyone in the class. Classes fill early, so register soon.