A sleek, compact back-up device with smooth tracking and positioning. Designed for rope access, the Back-Up is classified to ANSI and EN standards for 10-12 mm rope. It includes a ProSteel™ auto-locking ANSI carabiner and a 30.5 cm (12 in) attachment lanyard. Easy to use with one hand, the Back-Up allows technicians to switch between “Free Mode” for movement on rope and “Lock Mode” to fix the device in place for work positioning and to use it as a rope clamp.
The Back-Up bends rope through an actuating cam, absorbing impact with less risk of rope damage than a traditional, self-locking toothed device. It is designed for 2-person loads when used in a rope access rescue scenario per the notice available under the Resources Tab. In order to be compliant with the ANSI 359.15 standard, the Back-Up must be used with the 12” lanyard that comes with the Back-Up ANSI device, a different ANSI Z359.13 certified lanyard, or a direct connection.
Placing the Back-Up over a shoulder assists in releasing the cam and allowing the device to move freely. This mobility is further enhanced by the magnet accessory, which holds the Back-Up in place for smooth travel with the technician. High quality and made in Italy, the Back-Up reliably arrests falls, slides, or uncontrolled descents on vertical or angled rope. It’s the ideal companion for the rope access technician.
- Sleek, compact back-up device for fall arrest and work positioning
- Arrests a fall, slide, or uncontrolled descent on vertical or angled rope
- Smooth tracking, follows operator in both directions of movement
- Semi-dynamic locking cam mitigates shock and rope damage
- “Free Mode” enables device movement up and down rope
- “Lock Mode” fixes the device in place for work positioning
- Operation can be enhanced with tug cord or magnet accessory
- Easy to use, install, or remove at any point on the rope
- Includes 12″ lanyard and ProSteel™ Auto-Locking Oval ANSI Carabiner
- ANSI Z359.15-2014
- EN 358:99
- EN 353-2:02
- EN 12841:06 A/B