This episode discusses training and competency, specifically how training and techniques merge together to determine what’s appropriate for departments or teams that don’t have the opportunity to train as often.
1) Determining ‘defined competencies’.
2) Top Down Rescue.
3) Maintaining proficiency for rescue vs team based competencies.
4) Bottom Up Rescue (Tower type rescues).
5) Rescues that require litter based or other types of patient packaging where you may or may not need an attendant.
6) Traditional systems like dedicated main, slack belay vs a TTRS system.
7) Use of rope winches.
8) How do you maintain training on all of these techniques?
We appreciate listener feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions or topics you’d like covered in future episodes of the CMC Podcast. You can also email us at email@example.com