Under the general supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing day-to-day execution of human resources processes and programs for the CMC staff. This role will proactively foster a culture of engagement, assist in design, measurement and evaluation of proactive workplace policies and practices that help attract and retain talent with skills and competencies necessary for growth and sustainability.
- Administer employee benefits programs, including health benefits, Cobra Administration, 401k Retirement Plan, and ancillary benefits programs. Manage open enrollment activities, new employee enrollments, employee communications, monthly benefits billing reconciliation and assist with compiling data for benefits statements. Will partner with the HR Manager on benefits plan design.
- On-boarding of new employees, including preparation, communication and collection of information and materials.
- Maintain all personnel records via the HRIS System and personnel files. Ensure records are accurate and up-to-date, that confidentiality is maintained at all times, and that all relevant legal compliance regarding personnel records is followed.
- Partner with Accounting on payroll processing. The HR Generalist ensures accurate time and attendance information is transmitted to the Payroll System bi-weekly. Work collaboratively with Managers to identify and address exceptions and document any corrections.
- Partner with HR Manager in the recruiting process, with responsibilities to include posting job advertisements, candidate sourcing, resume collection, review and tracking initial screening, scheduling interviews, checking references, conducting background investigations and follow up with candidate to maintain interest and/or provide notification of hiring decisions.
- Responsible for Worker’s Comp Claims. Effectively manage the interactive process with employees and treating physicians, with the goal of assisting with return to work programs and/or closing out Worker’s comp cases.
- Take the lead role for the Safety Committee, schedule and conduct regular meetings, conduct safety audit, maintain Company Safety Manual and IIPP. Schedule safety training and evacuation drills.
- Administer leaves of absence, FMLA, PDL, CFRA, PFL.
- Partner with HR Manager in addressing employee concerns. This includes assisting with employee relations issues, ensuring confidence, confidentiality and impartiality when addressing personnel issues and interacting with employees to ensure that HR is fully accessible to the organization.
- Support HR projects as required to ensure that HR policies and procedures are developed continuously to meet overall business requirements.
- Assist with planning and executing company events, meetings, holiday celebrations, recognition awards and other employee activities as required.
- Coordinates business insurance policies; including renewals, evaluation of policies, and issuing certificates of insurance as needed.
- Exemplifies and promotes CMC’s core values at all times, promoting high employee morale and working strengthen teamwork and the attainment of business goals.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated aptitude in the following areas of Human Resources; benefits administration, recruitment, employment law (CA State and Federal), Worker’s Comp, leave of absence administration, job description generation and employee relations
- Computer literacy with specific proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS systems experience required
- Ability to identify and handle priority and/or sensitive issues with discretion and a commitment to confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of participating in programs that resulted in improved efficiency and measurable results for the organization
- Ability to establish credibility with managers and employees
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently, work proactively, and to achieve results without close supervision
- Demonstrated practical, hands-on, “can-do” approach, and the ability to work efficiently and creatively
- Exhibits and champions excellence in work and a willingness to embrace change
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple and simultaneous priorities, and prioritize a heavy workload in a fast paced, dynamic environment is required
(Education and experience)
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent business experience required
- Must possess a minimum of five years’ experience as a Human Resource Generalist, with a progressive growth in responsibilities
- HR Certificate and/or PHR preferred
- Bilingual (English | Spanish) preferred