Under the direct supervision of the Director of Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategic marketing activities for our products in specific markets. The Product Marketing Manager crafts the messaging, positioning and competitive differentiation for products. Conceives of and develops innovative product marketing programs that drive demand. This position requires close interaction with and serves as a conduit with Marketing, Sales, Customer Support, Product Management, Engineering and other groups within the company. The Product Marketing Manager is part of a creative and collaborative Marketing team that works together to build a strong CMC brand presence.
- Lead the distributed quality team ensuring commitment to quality from all departments.
- Possess an intimate knowledge of CMC products and services.
- Serve as internal and external market expert and market intelligence leader in the field.
- Understand who buys our product and who influences the sale, how they buy and their buying criteria, changing trends of the market, and translate this knowledge to the Director of Product Strategy, Marketing, and Sales teams.
- Present quarterly reviews and plans, converting technical positioning into key market messages, enabling sales and launching the product portfolio to target markets.
- Translation of technical capabilities into benefits, by providing copy for product sheets, digital assets, product training, catalog and other collateral.
- Manage the cross-functional implementation of the product marketing and launch plans.
- Update competitive intelligence and market landscape in conjunction with Director of Product Strategy and Sales Team.
- Actively provide recommendations for marketing opportunities, programs and campaigns that enhance the CMC product image and brand.
- Assign Marketing team related tasks associated with ECO’s and product launch projects in Workfront.
- Determine budget for product launches and product marketing activities and ROI for these efforts.
- Train and support sales and customer support teams on new tools and products.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, dealers, vendors, partners and end-users by supporting tradeshows, industry meetings and other identified relationship-building opportunities.
- Strategize and manage campaigns and paid advertising in accordance with product launches and other marketing goals. Manage the negotiations of all paid marketing campaigns.
- Support marketing communications; identify blog content and contributors, editing/publishing books and product user guides, App development, product/packaging, promoting CMC’s professional corporate image within the industry as needed.
- Responsible for developing and managing industry affiliated sponsorship opportunities and product donation programs.
- Participates in developing pricing objectives and strategies for products, responsible for updating the bi-annual price lists and communication of the lists.
- Responsible for the creation of appropriate trade show presence; including the product displays and promotions. Manage and attend trade shows and industry meetings as needed.
- Ensure the CMC School cache of equipment is representative of CMC products, to bring greater visibility of new products and product enhancements as a method of driving sales.
- As a member of the Marketing team, execute strategic marketing projects as assigned.
- Serve as technical support to CMC photographer/videographer for related projects.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality.
- The ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with customers, staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Ability to travel. Passport desired.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- 5-10 years in Marketing, previous experience in Product Marketing a plus.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a field-facing role.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work requires some physical strain such as occasional periods of standing and walking in production facility. Other physical demands include climbing, crouching, and reaching. Regularly required to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 lbs. Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision, with or without the aid of contact lenses or eyeglasses.
There are no unusual environmental conditions. Typically, the noise level in the work environment is moderate. Noise level, CRT exposure, frequent phone calls, and stress level are equivalent to dealing with the public, employees, and management and resolving organizational quality problems. When working in the warehouse noise levels may be moderate to high and temperatures may be noticeably warmer or cooler than the rest of the facility. Occasional exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors and fumes may be experienced.