The Quality Manager provides leadership for all quality-related activities throughout the company, assuring the optimal overall quality of products and services as well as CMC’s required certification to ISO 9001. Reporting to the CEO this position provides coordinated quality leadership for CMC’s distributed quality model, assuring all departments track and report on key performance metrics and continually improve processes. The Quality Manager will lead an on-going culture of quality, learning and teamwork, geared specifically to the needs of customers and the long-term sustainability of the business.
- Lead the distributed quality team ensuring commitment to quality from all departments.
- Formulate, maintain and continuously improve all quality control procedures, standards and on-going quality control objectives to assure optimum quality of all CMC products and services.
- Maintain all quality records and documentation in accordance with the quality manual and specific customer requirements.
- Oversee the quality inspection processes, including development of sampling plans, quality levels, inspection criteria, and optimal data collection for product throughout production cycle, from incoming material to final inspection.
- Lead the root cause, corrective action, and continuous improvement programs for all areas of the company.
- Collect data and perform statistical analysis to validate root cause, process validation, process improvement, and inspection processes.
- Oversee the containment and disposition of non-conforming materials and act as the quality representative and voice of the customer for the Materials Review Board.
- Support engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Coordinate with engineering and operations to develop optimal quality requirements and ensure conformance of purchased materials.
- Manage all internal, customer and regulatory quality audits of the company.
- Develop and analyze quality-reporting metrics and report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Maintain calibration records for all inspection and test equipment.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Investigate, evaluate and propose new technologies and/or industry best practices to improve quality and manufacturing processes.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and or participating in professional societies.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In-depth experience in the application of the ISO 9000 series Quality Management System and auditing.
- Must have demonstrated mastery of quality tools and processes.
- Advanced statistical skills with excellent proficiency in Excel and other analytical software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills especially in leading problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Proven ability to perform and train others in quality measurement, testing and systems application.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Statistical Process Control, with Six Sigma Green or Black Belt desired.
- Experience in mechanical design, GD&T, metrology, all desired.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Manager and/or Auditor desired.
- Previous knowledge of rescue equipment desired
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and experience)
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree with a major field of study in engineering, statistics or related technical field required or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of quality experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with a desire to learn.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work requires some physical strain such as occasional periods of standing and walking in production facility. Other physical demands include climbing, crouching, and reaching. Regularly required to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 lbs. Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision, with or without the aid of contact lenses or eyeglasses.
There are no unusual environmental conditions. Typically, the noise level in the work environment is moderate. Noise level, CRT exposure, frequent phone calls, and stress level are equivalent to dealing with the public, employees, and management and resolving organizational quality problems. When working in the warehouse noise levels may be moderate to high and temperatures may be noticeably warmer or cooler than the rest of the facility. Occasional exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors and fumes may be experienced.