Under the Direct supervision of the Manufacturing Supervisor, assists in the preparation and finishing of products in manufacturing.
- Operates equipment that cuts raw material such as nylon, canvas, and webbing according to specifications on assigned Work Orders
- Prints labels and instruction card labels for manufacturing products
- Inspects finished products in accordance with company quality-control specifications
- Glues Harness Padding, and assembles finished harnesses
- Inspects stitching to detect defects
- Bar tacks soft goods
- Operates automated machine that sews harness panels together with hardware, while inspecting and trimming panels and cutting excess material.
- Notifies Manufacturing Supervisor when machine malfunctions or causes defects
- Organizes, cleans and maintains workstations as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of industrial sewing and cutting equipment desired
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Must have good computer skills, software and database entry desired
- Effective oral communication skills and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and co-workers required.
- Ability to maintain job order due dates effectively while accurately prioritizing them at the same time.
- Understanding of ISO standards and ability to read and follow procedures and quality control preferred
- Ability to read English and interpret Work Orders required
- Ability to accurately document completion of each process in a legible format with minimal errors
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and experience)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two to three years’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combinations of education and experience