Under the direct supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, this position will work in the warehouse to assist with product shipment activities.
- Pulls inventory items according to packing lists and/or job orders, including cutting rope and webbing for the daily shipping process.
- Confirms items to be shipped by verifying product and quantity from a packing list/job order, then releases inventory by confirming the packing list or issuing material to a job in the Made 2 Manage system.
- Packs items according to packing lists or bills of material (job order), weighs boxes as needed and then prepares boxes for shipment. Palletizes orders as needed for domestic and international freight shipments.
- Process shipments using PC based shipping software (i.e. UPS, and FedEx), affix shipping labels and any necessary paperwork for outgoing orders.
- Places shipping information including weights and charges from the printed sticker generated by the UPS and FedEx systems on packing lists for the invoicing process.
- Issues materials, completes job orders.
- Cuts rope according to packing lists and job orders. Maintains the organization and condition of the rope area on a daily basis.
- Participates and abides by CMC’s warehouse and company wide safety trainings.
- Communicates with the Warehouse Supervisor on a daily basis in order to ensure the accuracy of due dates on packing lists and job orders. Helps to meet or beat sales order due dates by completing job orders and packing lists effectively.
- Organizes, cleans and maintains warehouse facilities as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to analyze dates and understand job order and packing list processes in the warehouse and understand how they affect sales order due dates.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Must have good computer skills with experience in online shipping software and database entry desired.
- Must have effective oral communication skills. Ability to accurately prioritize job orders and packing lists in due date order.
- Understanding of ISO standards and ability to read and follow procedures preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and experience)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two to three years’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combinations of education and experience