Episode 9 - Intervention Rescue | CMC GRIMP North America Recap Mini-Series
In this CMC GRIMP North America 2022 recap, we are joined by Intervention Rescue (@interventionrescue). Intervention Rescue is a UK based technical access and rescue training provider that offerers consulting services for rescue plans and risk assessments. Intervention rescue is comprised of professionals from the rope access industry and firefighters. In this CMC Podcast, Doug interviews Intervention Rescue member Nick Croudace about: what drew a UK based team to compete in a competition in California, the benefits and challenges of being a UK team competing in an American styled competition, and what their main takeaways were from competing.
Overhead during the episode:
“It was the most gritty, the most real world; it felt like a real incident.”
“Play with ropes, in the sun, in California, on a battleship; not many people going to say no to that I think.”
“The scenarios where very different than what we have been through before.”
Join the Conversation
We appreciate listener feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions or topics you’d like covered in future episodes of the CMC Podcast. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Many of the activities discussed in this podcast pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death.
- Products and techniques discussed in this podcast are intended for use by specially trained professionals.
- Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training and good personal judgment.
- CMC is not liable for any damages arising from abuse or improper use of the techniques or equipment discussed in this podcast.
- Topics discussed are the ideas and opinions of each individual.
- Department protocol and regulations should always take precedent.