CMC Podcast 2- Does Rope Access Belong in the Fire Service?
Contributors in this Episode
Rope rescue has generally been the purview of the fire service and most fire departments have some interest in rope rescue. So what role does rope access training and technique have in the fire service?
- What is rope access?
- Who governs RA? SPRAT https://sprat.org/
- Does rope access belong in the fire service?
- Competence and particular skill sets vs full SPRAT certification.
- RAD ascent vs traditional ascent.
- Advantages of understanding what is happening in the world at large.
- Is it ok to teach someone to repel without teaching them to ascend?
- Do you cover work positioning and fall arrest in your departments?
- What scenarios do rope access skills and techniques prove to be more effective?
Join the Conversation
We appreciate listener feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions or topics you’d like covered in future episodes of the CMC Podcast. You can also email us at email@example.com
- Many of the activities discussed in this podcast pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death.
- Products and techniques discussed in this podcast are intended for use by specially trained professionals.
- Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training and good personal judgment.
- CMC is not liable for any damages arising from abuse or improper use of the techniques or equipment discussed in this podcast.
- Topics discussed are the ideas and opinions of each individual.
- Department protocol and regulations should always take precedent.