Episode 11 - 49th Parallel | CMC GRIMP North America Recap Mini-Series
In this CMC GRIMP North America 2022 recap, we are joined by 49th Parallel (@49thparallelrescueteam) a Canadian team composed of Firefighters from all across Canada who are involved with Ronin Rescue (@roninrescue). In this episode Doug talks with the 49th Parallel team about why they decided to compete in GRIMP NA 2022, what they learned from other competitions that helped them prepare, how they trained during the pandemic, and how they excelled as a team despite meeting each other for the first time at the event.
We hope you have enjoyed our podcast series on the 2022 GRIMP NA teams. Stay tuned for information on our next GRIMP NA event, or sign up to receive updates: https://www.cmcpro.com/grimp-na.
Overheard this episode:
“It’s every discipline, all kind of formed into one, it’s like the Bruce Lee version of martial arts.”
“For 3 years, I have had sleepless nights and anxious moments forever wanting to do that one again.”
Join the Conversation
We appreciate listener feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions or topics you’d like covered in future episodes of the CMC Podcast. You can also email us at email@example.com
- Many of the activities discussed in this podcast pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death.
- Products and techniques discussed in this podcast are intended for use by specially trained professionals.
- Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training and good personal judgment.
- CMC is not liable for any damages arising from abuse or improper use of the techniques or equipment discussed in this podcast.
- Topics discussed are the ideas and opinions of each individual.
- Department protocol and regulations should always take precedent.