Episode 8 - Rose City Ropers | CMC GRIMP North America Recap Mini-Series
In this CMC GRIMP North America 2022 recap, we are joined by members of the Rose City Ropers: Adam Salvetti, Sam Dougan, Josef Kuehnast, Tyler Hohl, David Mackovjak . The Rose City Ropers are a team comprised of members from Portland Fire & Rescue in Portland, Oregon. In this CMC podcast Doug speaks with the Rose City Ropers on how they prepared for the GRIMP NA scenarios, how they approached friction between team members, how that friction benefited their team overall, and how a flexible mindset benefited their team long term.
Overheard during the episode:
“Spend the time to align your goals, both personally and how you fit into the group, so that when the moment of truth arrives, you’re not focused on the friction that comes up between members and you can focus on the patients.”
“Simple is faster a lot of times.”
“He squeezed out of the hole like a muffin.”
Join the Conversation
We appreciate listener feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions or topics you’d like covered in future episodes of the CMC Podcast. You can also email us at email@example.com
- Many of the activities discussed in this podcast pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death.
- Products and techniques discussed in this podcast are intended for use by specially trained professionals.
- Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training and good personal judgment.
- CMC is not liable for any damages arising from abuse or improper use of the techniques or equipment discussed in this podcast.
- Topics discussed are the ideas and opinions of each individual.
- Department protocol and regulations should always take precedent.