Episode 4 - Derrick Walker | CMC Instructor Series
Join us weekly and get to know our CMC School instructors. This week we are joined by Derrick Walker. Derrick has a background in the industrial world working in power plants as a certified structural welder and welding inspector. Derrick has been teaching Rope Rescue Tech I / II classes with CMC since 2021. In this interview, we talk with Derrick about his background working in the industrial world and how that allows him to bring a unique skill set to the classroom.
Overheard this episode:
“I want to be able to pass along the things that I have learned.”
“I’m your industrial guy, so that’s my world.”
Join the Conversation
We appreciate listener feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions or topics you’d like covered in future episodes of the CMC Podcast. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Many of the activities discussed in this podcast pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death.
- Products and techniques discussed in this podcast are intended for use by specially trained professionals.
- Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training and good personal judgment.
- CMC is not liable for any damages arising from abuse or improper use of the techniques or equipment discussed in this podcast.
- Topics discussed are the ideas and opinions of each individual.
- Department protocol and regulations should always take precedent.