CMC Podcast 22 - NASAR Part II
Contributors in this Episode
In this episode CMC instructors Doug McElmury and John McKently speak with Chris Boyer, NASAR Executive Director, about the standards creation process and how NASAR develops build education courseware, publications, and certifications around those standards.
0:23 Chris Boyer introduction
1:12 John McKently introduction
2:35 Standards, training, certification.
16:00 Examples of how NASAR builds educational content
20:53 How do you select who your trainers and evaluators are going to be?
38:52 Has new technology driven change in the lifecycle of certification?
40:20 Hug-a-tree NASAR general public education.
Join the Conversation
We appreciate listener feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions or topics you’d like covered in future episodes of the CMC Podcast. You can also email us at email@example.com
- Many of the activities discussed in this podcast pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death.
- Products and techniques discussed in this podcast are intended for use by specially trained professionals.
- Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training and good personal judgment.
- CMC is not liable for any damages arising from abuse or improper use of the techniques or equipment discussed in this podcast.
- Topics discussed are the ideas and opinions of each individual.
- Department protocol and regulations should always take precedent.