Episode 26 - Clara Acuna Safety Specialist at Ice Harbor Lock and Dam
In this episode Clara Acuna, Safety Specialist at Ice Harbor Lock and Dam talks about the many operations that take place at the Ice Harbor Lock and Dam and reveals some of the unique challenges that the on site rescue team has to be prepared for.
5:42 Overview of Ice Harbor public services.
6:57 Overview of fish passage.
12:51 Overview of the lock system.
17:40 How do the functions of a hydro electric damn affect the role of safety specialist?
26:02 Benefits of doing joint training with local fire department.
32:06 Closing thoughts.
Join the Conversation
We appreciate listener feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions or topics you’d like covered in future episodes of the CMC Podcast. You can also email us at email@example.com
- Many of the activities discussed in this podcast pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death.
- Products and techniques discussed in this podcast are intended for use by specially trained professionals.
- Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training and good personal judgment.
- CMC is not liable for any damages arising from abuse or improper use of the techniques or equipment discussed in this podcast.
- Topics discussed are the ideas and opinions of each individual.
- Department protocol and regulations should always take precedent.